The advisor will be responsible for the administrative sides of our Central Asia small-grants program, as well as building positive relations with civil society actors throughout the Central Asian region. The candidate should expect to travel inside Kazakhstan and the wider region Central Asian region as soon as COVID-19 restrictions allow. The contract is time-limited to one year, but with may be prolonged if financed.
- Administration of small-grants program, gathering narrative, financial reports from project partners; finalizing financial reports to the NHC back donor.
- Together with the Regional Representative: building relationships with civil society actors throughout the Central Asian region and identify potential new partner organizations and promising projects
- Monitoring developments in the human rights situation in all five Central Asian republics.
- Drafting press releases, statements, reports etc.
- Fact finding, including fact-finding travels, when COVID-19 restrictions allow.
- Other duties as required.
- Fluency in English and Russian, written and oral. Skills in one of the official languages in the five Central Asian republics or another language widely spoken in the region is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Prior experience in administrative work.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Central Asia and elsewhere.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to move in widely different social settings.
- Knowledge and understanding of Central Asia, culture, politics, traditions etc.
- A passion for human rights.
The advisor will be employed by contract at the representative office in Almaty. Salary and other conditions for the position to be agreed.
Inquiries, as well as Application and CV (in PDF-format only), to Marius Fossum, e-mail: [email protected], phone: +7 771 506 49 55
Deadline for application: 29 September
The Norwegian Helsinki Committee is a non-governmental organisation working to ensure that human rights are respected in practice. We do this through monitoring, reporting, teaching and democracy support. www.nhc.no