Leading international human rights defenders, journalists, and experts participate in shedding light on some of our times most important human rights issues, and measures needed to address them.
The Hearing is organized in four panels. Speakers include:
• Bill Browder, Head of the Justice for Sergei Magnitsky Campaign
• Valery Borschev, Chairman of the Moscow City Public Oversight Commission, member of the Moscow Helsinki Committee
• Hugh Williamson, Director Europe and Central Asia Division, Human Rights Watch
• Andrei Nekrasov, Film Director
• Ilya Zaslavskiy, Research Expert, Free Russia Foundation (FRF) and Academy Associate, Chatham House
• Olesya Shmagun, Investigative Journalist, Novaya Gazeta and Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP)
• Pavel Chikov, Head, Agora human rights group and Rafto Prize Laureate
• Sacha Kouleva, Head of the Eastern Europe-Central Asia Desk, International Federation of Human Rights (FIDH)
The Hearing ends with Teatre.doc, a famous Russian documentary theatre ensemble, showing their play about the Magnitsky case: “One hour and 18 minutes”.More information is available at the NHC website.
Sign up before 15 November by email to [email protected]
The Oslo Magnitsky Hearing is organized by the Norwegian Helsinki Committee. It is free of charge to attend and is open to all who has signed up. You may, however, support the NHC Human Rights Fund by Vipps: 20935