Job Vacancy Announcement
Do you want to join a small team in NHCs active office in Kazakhstan? NHC has a vacancy for an Administrative Officer at our Central Asia Office in Almaty. Deadline for applications is 24 June 2016.
Administrative Officer, NHC Central Asia Office in Kazakhstan
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline for applications: 24 June 2016
Salary: Upon agreement
Preferred Starting date: 1 September 2016
The Norwegian Helsinki Committee has been engaged in Central Asia for a number of years through monitoring of the human rights situation, support of important local initiatives in the sphere of human rights and democracy, as well as advocacy work in the region itself and in Europe. Since 2006, the NHC representative office has played an active role in the civil society of the region.
- Higher education;
- At least 2 years of experience in working in non-governmental or international organizations, or working experience in the field of human rights/humanitarian projects and programs;
- Knowledge of and interest for current developments and challenges regarding the human rights situation in Central Asia;
- Ability to conduct research, gather and summarize relevant information;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Russian required; knowledge of Kazakh is an asset;
- Ability to work independently, be self-disciplined and adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office);
- Experience in preparing financial reports and budgets;
- Knowledge and understanding of the practical tasks and requirements of a representative office.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the Regional Representative and the NHC headquarters based in Oslo in managing programs and projects that support local initiatives on human rights in Central Asia.
- Perform the daily management of the NHC Small Grants Fund for Central Asia, including timely management and overview of agreements and reports, and daily correspondence with grantees.
- Assist in preparation, implementation and reporting on human rights activities of the NHC office in Central Asia, including a variety of logistical and administrative tasks in cooperation with national and international governmental and non-governmental actors;
- Perform research and information gathering as requested, as well as daily monitoring of mass media;
- Carry out routine program support functions of the NHC office, including payment of bills, preparation of financial reports, organization of events, and various day-to-day practical tasks.
- Organize meetings, seminars, roundtable discussions, conferences, and other events;
- Oral and written translations upon request.
Notes on how to apply:
Please send your CV/Resume, cover letter and recommendation letters to Botakoz Iliyas, Regional Adviser at the NHC in Almaty, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com. Questions about the position can be directed to this address as well.